Annual Race for the Trailer
This year marks our 15th Annual "Race For The Trailer".
Event dates are on September 11th, 12th & 13th, 2020. Over $10,000 will be awarded in cash and prizes. High point awards will be given in the Open, Youth and Senior races.
- Horse trailer will be awarded to high point rider/ horse combination for the tree day event in the Open 5-D
- Points will be awarded equally in each division.
- Money earned in races are distributed differently in each 5-D, so to be fair instead of high money winner, if a tie occurs for the horse trailer, we will use a deck of cards and the high card will win the trailer.
- You don’t have to enter all three days to win, but odds are better if you enter all three days.
- If you run out of order you will receive a No Time.
- If making changes to horse or rider after entry is processed, there will be a $25 change fee.
- Once entry is in, we will not take draw-outs after pre-entry date, with-out a vet release. We will only refund entry fee, stall fee or RV fee, not office fees. Vet release must be faxed or emailed and in hand before refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone based on Rockin’ Horse Ranch management decision.
- Dress Code will be in effect. Long sleeve shirt and hat. Does not need to be collared.
Race for the Trailer Team Barrel Race Open Sidepot
- Entry fees will be $20 a person/$60 Team
- The Team must consist of three barrel racers enter in the Open 5D race, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (MUST ENTER ALL THREE DAYS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR TEAM RACE)
- Each person can enter three times.
- You can choose one team member then draw one. You can also enter as a “draw only” and draw two.
- Books open at 10:00 AM on Friday and close at 4:00 PM Friday. We will then draw for remaining team members and post teams by 4:30 PM.
- Once teams are posted, we will then Calcutta the teams prior to the Youth race, followed by the Open, starting at 6:00PM.
- 50% of the Calcutta pot will go to the winning bidders, 40% of the pot will be added money to the team barrel race and %10 will go to yearly special charity.
- If one of the drawn team members does not want to pay their $20 the money he or she wins will also be given to yearly special charity.
- Payout for Team Race will be based on the total money won by the team, for all three days in the Open 5-D.
- Bracelets will be awarded to all three members of the winning team.